I made this wonderful and delicious garlic bread with my homemade French Bread. Very easy and simple to make, and the best part was……everyone loved it. With the right method, the bread is crunchy outside but still soft inside and easy to bite (not hard or difficult to chew). My small oven doesn’t have heat adjustment setting, so I flipped the bread manually when it was half baked. The taste was even better than the one that we bought at the restaurant. I could add as much cheese as I want on top of my garlic bread.
- 2 tbsp salted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp garlic (minced or grind)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Slices of French Bread
- Herbs (parsley, oregano, etc)
1. Melted the butter and add garlic. Mixed well
2. Spread the mixture on top of the bread as much as you want. Press the mixture with a spoon, so the mixture absorbed well into the bread. Add herbs if you like
3. Preheat oven to 200 C
4. Bake the bread for 15 minutes, turn aside (the bottom side into the top side) after 7 minutes
5. Take out the bread from the oven, add parmesan and mozzarella cheese
6. Bake again in the top rack for another 4 or 5 minutes or until the cheese in completely melted
7. Serve hot and enjoy the bread
For more variations, I also added pizza sauce, onion, and ham before adding the cheese.