Remember how I posted before that I don’t like making bread in my bread machine because the bread tend to get crumble and not soft at all? Well, not anymore now. I’ve tried to find good recipes from the internet, and after tried some of them several times, I finally found some really really good recipes. My bread was soft, delicious, and still soft even after a few days.
The best thing is…..it’s very easy to make. It only takes about 5 to 10 minutes to prepare everything, leave all the ingredients in the bread machine, and after 2 or 3 hours I can smell the sweet smelling of fresh bread coming out from my bread machine.
This time, I tried to make cheese bread. I don’t really like eating cheese bread actually, but I have a six year old eating machine who is crazy about cheese……..so I made this special bread for him. But actually, when I tried this……I liked it, especially when I grilled this with some butter and turned it into grilled cheese sandwich. Delicious!
I took the recipe from KingArthurFlour. This website has many recipes for bread machine. Thanks King Arthur…..for making my bread machine starts working again……..I will certainly try other recipes from this website.
Ingredients (put in the bread machine in the order below):
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese ( I used pizza cheese which consisted of cheddar, mozzarella, and parmesan)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 3 cups bread flour
- on top of the flour, at one corner, put 2 tbsp of sugar.
- in another corner, put 1 1/4 tsp of salt
- make a small hole in the middle (on top) of the flour, and put 1 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- set to basic white bread, light crust, 1.5 loaf
- let the bread stay for 5 to 10 minutes in the bread machine after finished (it would be easier to take it out from the bread pan. If more than 10 minutes, the bread will be soggy). I got this tip from the internet
- take out the bread from the bread pan, place it on the plate, let it cool before slicing the bread. I usually let the bread cool for more than one hour, because it will be difficult to slice the bread if it’s still hot or warm
If you don’t like the garlic smell coming out from the bread, just skip the garlic. If you want more cheesy flavor, add the cheese.
The bread was really good, soft, delicious, and had no crumble at all. This is absolutely better and healthier than the “bakery bread”. I prepared this when lil boy was still in school, and this bread was ready when he woke up from his nap.
I even didn’t use a bread knife to cut this bread, but still it was very easy to cut this bread….and still in good shape too. But I still want to buy that serrated knife in IKEA this weekend, it’s in my shopping list now.
Nothing smells better than hot homemade bread coming out from my bread maker.
Me: Do you like the bread?